Music Video Distribution
Get started with our Music Video Distribution Service. We publish your Videos on; Vevo, Tidal, Apple Music & iTunes, Amazon Prime and Facebook PMV.
Let the world watch your performance, expressions and feelings, while you generate revenue.
- Vevo is the standard platform for video releases in the music industry. We'll request / update your Youtube Vevo channel and release your music videos on all Vevo-supported platforms.
- Your Video will be available for purchase on the iTunes store and available for streaming on Apple Music.
- On Tidal, Your video will be displayed on your profile, similar to Apple Music.
- Facebook Premium Music Video are published to the Videos section of artist pages on Facebook.
- Your video will be delivered on all these platforms including Amazon's Amazon Prime.
Online Music Video Distribution Features
Low, one time Fee
For a Flat fee, We'll deliver your Video on; VEVO, Tidal, Amazon, Facebook PMV, Apple Music & iTunes.
Get Live Quickly
We can get your Music video published live in less than 6 Hours (For Priority release), else 2-5 days.
Get paid when other people use your music on YouTube.
Login on PC / Mobile to your Dashboard to Monitor real-time stats and trends.
We'll request for a new Vevo Youtube channel with your brand name, and update your channel images at no additional cost. We get Your Description, Biography, Press Release, Lyrics, Social Links, Credits, etc on your Vevo video.
We actively market our videos on DSPs, Social media pages, and Email newsletters. We can also manage effective Online Ads to get you more views and reach.
Apply for Music video distribution, release your Visuals on Vevo, Tidal, Amazon, iTunes & Apple Music, and Facebook PMV.
Release video on all platforms.
Release Visuals on Vevo.
Release video on iTunes & Apple Music.
Release video on Tidal.
Check out some of the Most Frequently asked questions relating to Music Video Distribution.
VEVO – Includes VEVO branded Youtube channel and submission for featured artist slots.
TIDAL – All mobile and desktop devices.
AMAZON – Amazon Video and Prime.
APPLE – Streaming on Apple Music and placed in the iTunes store for sale, under your artist catalog.
Facebook PMV – PMVs are published to the Videos section of artist pages on Facebook.
Sales are reported when we receive them and may take a few months to arrive. Our video Distribution clients have their videos monetized on VEVO, iTunes, Amazon, Facebook, Tidal, and any other outlet that provide ad based streams and/or royalties are accounted.
We pay out royalties quarterly for partners that have reported. You get to retain 90%, we keep 10% of total royalty generated. No threshold, we pay you no matter how little you earn.
Your video will be placed on a VEVO branded artist YouTube channel. With your music video being a part of VEVO's catalogue, it has the potential to be placed on its YouTube featured playlists to get more exposure.
Having a VEVO branded YouTube channel will also add some verification that you or your artist is on the same level as mainstream artists.
No. VEVO channels do not work like regular YouTube channels. There is no login access per user.
Channels are managed by VEVO personnel and we, distributors, only get access to a limited tool that allows us to upload videos and edit metadata.
There are no login credentials to access the channels. This applies not only to us, but to any distributors capable of delivering videos to VEVO.
1710Media can make changes and updates to your video and channel info on your behalf as an approved distributor. We can make changes to items like:
-Artist profile photo
-Social Media Links
All of these can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com.
With our Online Music Video Distribution service, 1710Media can deliver your;
- Official Music Videos
- Viral / Internet Videos
- Lyrics Videos
- Performance Videos
- Series / Movies
- Documentaries, etc..,
on major leading Music Video streaming platforms such as; Apple Music & iTunes, Tidal, Vevo, Amazon Prime, Facebook PMV and others.
Yes. If you already have a VEVO channel, created by a record label or another distributor, we are capable of delivering videos to VEVO.
The channel belongs to the artist, not to the label or company who created it. This means that, if we create a channel for you, and in the future you sign a record deal with a label or change distributors, they will be able to send videos to the channel created by us.
We would get information and reports on the videos we administer, and the other labels/distributors would get information on the videos they administer.
On your video’s release day, we add it to our playlist on our YouTube page.
We may also add a client's videos to our social rotations on Twitter, instagram and Facebook and tag the artist to help gain exposure.
Your video might also appear on the 1710Media Video release section and optimized for Search Engines.
1710Media may also add your video release information as part of our newsletters being sent out to our subscribers.
Before you begin doing any submission, it is important that you know that we can only accept original video content and thus, your video can’t contain third-party content that you do not own.
Here are the basic requirements to distribute your video;
- Must contain 100% original material (audio and visual).
- Must be professionally produced or have some production quality.
- Cannot contain full frontal nudity, explicit drug use or graphic violence.
- Your video cannot exceed 10 minutes.
- No logo or MTV style credits in the corners of the video.
In terms of the content of your music video, there are some DON’Ts as well. Please read this important list of items to not include in your music video.
- All videos need to only show the music video itself with no on screen distractions.
- NO URLs, hashtags, handles, dates, shoutouts or other promotional text on screen.
- NO burn in logos in corners of screens throughout the video.
- NO front / ending slates, title or end cards in video (white text on black screen).
- NO MTV style credits in corner of video.
- NO still image or blank screen in video, videos need to have active pixels.
PR Photo and Banner submission
Your PR photo and banner image must be formatted as follows.
- Artist PR photo (it cannot be a logo or graphic, at least 2400px x 2400px at 72dpi, centered and some space from the edges ) for VEVO Youtube channel creation * VEVO will use this photo for your artist profile on all VEVO platforms.
- Artist Banner Image/Graphic: 2560 x 1440 px or 2560 x 423 px is recommended for a new YouTube Vevo channel in this size.
This is one of the most important steps so please take a moment to read through all and, if all of the below is complicated or if you need any assistance terms of your own encoding efforts, feel free to contact us.
The higher the quality your submission the higher the quality the encode delivered to the iTunes and other partners. If your music video doesn’t meet all minimum specs, it will be delayed for delivery until the video is corrected. Please make sure your video meets guideline before moving forward.
TECHNICAL SPECS (AUDIO)
- Format: AAC
- Channels: Stereo
- Sample Rate: 44.100 KHZ
- Bit Rate: 320 kbps CBR
TECHNICAL SPECS (VIDEO)
- Compression Type: ProRes – Preferred for HD or H.264 – Also Acceptable
- File Format: .mov (ProRes) or .mp4 (H.264)
- Dimensions: At least 1280×720 (1920×1080 Preferred for HD)
- Frame Rate: Native (No less than 23.98 FPS)
- Bit Rate: Unrestricted (at least 150 mb/s is Preferred for HD, If H.264 at least 50mb/s)
- The video must be de-interlaced and be set up for multi-pass encoding
- NO frame re-ordering in your encoding settings
- The size of your video will be a large file due to the recommended bit rate and video format (H.264/ProRes).
- Please export all encodes using Compressor or Quicktime.
Learn More From our Music Video Distribution Insights & Resources.