If you wonder what the right Music Video Specifications for Apple Music and itunes is, this post is for you. By publishing your music video in the iTunes store, you will be making it available to millions of potential viewers.
Through 1710Media, It’s easy to get your videos on iTunes & Apple Music and reach a huge audience with your music video. You also get paid Royalties. On your dashboard, you can monitor your downloads and streams across every online music platform.
When sending music videos to Apple, it will be available for purchase on the iTunes store and available for streaming on Apple Music. Please comply with these specifications when releasing your music Videos on Apple Music & iTunes With Us.
Streaming on Apple Music and placed in the iTunes store for sale, under your artist catalog. You can access Apple Music’s video catalog on any Apple Music-compatible device including; iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad, the Apple TV, Mac and Windows computers via iTunes, and the Apple Music for Android mobile app.
Music Video Specifications & Requirements for Apple Music and iTunes
When submitting a video release to us, there are several checks and Apple Music Video Specifications that need to be made before your video can go live, this means meeting Apple’s unique specifications for all releases. This can make video releases a confusing process, but we are here to help!
Music Video HD Source Profile
Important: All video must begin and end with at least one black frame. Material that does not fit the specification cannot be delivered to iTunes;
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) or 4444 or 4444 (XQ)
- Video FourCC: apch or icod (apcn ist not accepted)
- VBR expected at ~220 Mbps
- 1920 x 1080 Converted to ProRes from HDCAM SR, D5, ATSC or 1280 x 720 Converted to ProRes from ATSC progressive square pixel aspect ratio material.
- Native frame rate of original source:
29.97 or 25 interlaced frames per second for video-sourced material
23.976, 24, 25, or 30 frames per second for digital-progressive or film-sourced material.
Telecine materials will not be accepted.
- Gamma values are accepted and the value must be between 2.15 and 2.25.
- HD source may be delivered matted: letterbox, pillarbox, or windowbox.
- The HD source may be delivered in its full-frame state with metadata included to specify the crop rectangle.
- If the HD source file is not delivered matted or if there are no inactive pixels, we recommend setting all crop dimension attributes to ‘0’ (zero) [default] or deactivate the “Has inactive Pixels” checkbox.
- Chaptering is not supported for music videos.
Music Video Audio Source Profile
If 5.1 Surround is available for a music video audio source, the audio should be delivered in 5.1 Surround in addition to providing a stereo version; otherwise the audio may be delivered in Stereo only.
- LPCM in either Big Endian or Little Endian, 16-bit or 24-bit, at least 48kHz
- Expected channels: L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs
- MPEG-1 layer II stereo
- 384 kpbs
- Included in the same file as the delivered video.
Music Video Screen Capture Image Profile
- Screen capture from delivered video
- JPEG with .jpg extension (quality unconstrained)
- RGB (screen standard)
- 1920 or 1280 fixed horizontal dimension
- Images must be at least 72 dpi
- Variable size vertical dimension. Must be same aspect ratio as video source,
- Only the active pixel area may be included.
- Do not increase the size of a smaller image to meet the minimum size standard.
- CMYK color profile images will not be accepted.
How to sell Music Videos on iTunes & Apple Music
If you’ve worked hard to create some original content and you’d like to sell it through the Apple’s iTunes store, we can help you.
Your Video will be available for purchase on the iTunes store, and available for streaming on Apple Music. Videos must comply with all Apple’s specifications below, as only videos that are properly encoded will be delivered.
iTunes & Apple Music Video Distribution
Reach a huge audience with your music video; Through 1710Media, It’s easy to get your videos on iTunes & Apple Music.
- Release your music video on iTunes & Apple Music.
- Your video will be available for streaming on Apple Music and placed on the iTunes store for sale, under your artist catalog.
- Videos can include; Music Videos, Concert videos, Documentaries, Movies, etc.
- Monitor instant Trends via Customized Dashboard.
- 2 – 5 days delivery.
- Retain 90% of total earnings, every month. No Minimum threshold.