When submitting a video release to us, there are several checks and Tidal Music Video requirements that need to be made before your video can go live, this means meeting Tidal’s unique specifications for all releases. This can make video releases a confusing process, but we are here to help!
Tidal really shines in the video landscape. With around 250,000 music videos, live concert recordings, and various great shows too, it’s easy to find something entertaining on Tidal. There’s even the option to download the Tidal app on bigger screens like smart televisions, so you can experience everything in a larger-than-life format.
Tidal identifies itself as the world’s first streaming service for high-fidelity music.
There are over 60 million songs to choose from, a variety of podcasts, live concert recordings, music videos, and some fantastically curated playlists too.
You can log into Tidal Music and start streaming from virtually anywhere, including your smartphone, smart speaker, laptop, or even an intelligent TV.
Tidal is a Norwegian subscription-based company built by musicians like Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Calvin Harris, Daft Punk, and so on.
The “artist ownership” structure helps Tidal to provide more unique and exclusive experiences to listeners. It also means that artists get more of the money they deserve.
Tidal Music Video Requirements and Information
Below are the video specs for delivering videos to Tidal.
- Compression Type: H.264 or ProRes
- File Format: .mov or .mp4
- Dimensions: 1920×1080 (preferred)
- Frame Rate: Native (No less than 23.98)
- Bit Rate: 20mbps (Minimum 7500 kb/s, if necessary)
- File must be de-‐Interlaced (Please, no Interlacing)
- Multi-‐pass encoding is preferred
- Do not use frame re-‐ordering in your encoding settings
- Do not include front or end slates, title or end cards, etc.
- Format: AAC
- Channels: Stereo (L R)
- Sample Rate: 44.100 kHz
- Bit Rate: 320 kbps CBR
- Compression Type: ProRes
- File Format: .mp4
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 1.85.1, 2:1, 2.35.1, 2.39.1, or 2.4:1
- Dimension Format: 1440p, 2160p, or similar native (depending on the aspect ratio)
- Frame Rate: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 48, 50, or 60
- Bit Rate: 30mbps (2K) / 60mbps (4K)
- Audio Requirements
- Format: LPCM
- Channels: Stereo (L R)
- Sample Rate: 48kHz
With our Tidal Music Video Distribution, you are eligible to have your Music Video content delivered on TIDAL for availability in over 50 countries.
- Release your music video on Tidal.
- Your Music Video Will be displayed under your artist profile, similar to Apple Music.
- Can deliver; Music videos, movies, documentaries, live concert streams, TV shows, interviews, and video podcasts.
- Monitor instant Trends via Customized Dashboard.
- 2 – 5 days delivery.
- Retain 90% of total earnings, every month. No Minimum threshold.