1710Media is distributing music to TikTok.
We’re now helping musicians get their music on TikTok, the popular video platform.
What is TikTok?
It’s a place where your fans can create fun viral videos using your music.
Imagine a social video app that combines Snapchat, Instagram Stories, and the now-defunct Vine.
TikTok has 500+ million active users and it’s growing fast all over the world, especially in huge markets like the US and India.
Almost half of those active users are between 16-24, so TikTok has become the go-to app for Gen Z; it’s a place where younger creators are breaking ground and shaping trends in music, comedy, and culture.
Videos that go viral on TikTok tend to emphasize:
- Community collaboration through #duets and other hashtag challenges
- Humor, pranks, or stunts
- An authentic (and sometimes awkward) vibe instead of something polished or perfect
- Imitating other popular videos, films, or TV shows
- Short how-to videos
- Travel, lifestyle, and pets
- Going behind-the-scenes with musicians, sports figures, and other celebrities
- More dancing
- A whole lot of lip-syncing
That last part is really important to TikTok culture, which makes sense since TikTok grew out of the lip-sync app Musical.ly.
Three reasons you might love TikTok as a musician
Because TikTok videos are short, unpolished, and have the potential to inspire viral collaboration, it’s not about your SONG so much as a MOMENT in your song — a musical hook that suggests something visual.
- You can produce content quicker (no need to create professional, long-form music videos).
- The perfect moment for a TikTok video might be found in a song you released years ago (this happened recently with Lizzo), so you have another chance to put your back catalog to work.
- There might be a number of ways to pair video concepts with your hook, so explore them all; in the age of short-form video, there’s no such thing as too much content.
It’s easy to get your music on TikTok
Today, you’re expected to create a steady flow of video content for your fans, but there’s no one right way to do it. Instagram Stories, IGTV, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch: they each offer something different. You might find that one platform is better than another for reaching your audience and inspiring your creativity.
TikTok is a place where songs, videos, and personality collide in really strange and interesting ways. We’re excited to deliver your songs to TikTok so you can get in there, play around, and see if it’s a platform where your music (or at least your hooks) connect with people around the world.
How long will it take for your music to appear on TikTok?
Expect new music to be live on TikTok within a few days of delivery.