How can I get my music and music videos on Apple Music and the iTunes Store?
At this point it seems, for the most part, quite straight forward to get your music on Apple Music and other comparable services. Music videos, however, are a slightly more complicated beast for completely indie artists.
So finding a service that’s simple and easy to understand with the details clearly laid out, is invaluable, even despite all of the other monetization considerations here. Some creatives just want to get their content out there to the world and on the biggest platforms in the game, so the ability to just submit content, pay the cash, and go without having to worry about the rest of it is what we are really after here today.
Due to Apple’s strict quality control process, videos must comply with all specifications, be reviewed and approved by an encoding house. We walk with you hand by hand until your video has been released.
When sending music videos to Apple, it will be available for purchase on the iTunes store and available for streaming on Apple Music. After completing your order, you will be directed to upload your video details and files.
Below is the Encoding Specifications for iTunes;
- File Format : QuickTime (.mov files)
- Codec : Apple PRO RES 422 (HQ)
- Size : 1920×1080 pixels
- Video Bitrate : ~220 Mb/s
- Framerate : 24 or 25 fps
- Colorspace : YUV 422
- Gamma Range : Between 2.15 and 2.25
- Pixel ratio : Ratio must be 1:1 (square pixel)
- Progressive : The video must not be interlaced
- Black frame begining/ending : The video must contain one black frame at the beginning and at the end
- Black bar scopes and logos : No logo will be accepted Black bars accepted but we need crop size information (in pixels).
- Sound Quality : Codec – PCM Sampling frequency, 48 kHz Sample size, 16 bits Audio bitrate, ~1536 kb/s, 2 Channels (stereo)
iTunes & Apple Music Video Distribution
Get Started With our iTunes & Apple Music Video Distribution. Release your encoded music video on Apple Music and iTunes.