Canvas is an 8-second visual loop that shows in a vertical format to fill the screen. It appears in the Now Playing View instead of your album artwork.
You can add a Canvas to any track, including upcoming releases.
You need to be either:
- The first main artist listed on the track
- A main artist listed on both the track and release
For: Admins and Editors
- Log in to Spotify for Artists.
- Go to Music.
- Select a track.
- Click ADD CANVAS (web) / CREATE CANVAS (mobile app).
Check out Canvas examples at canvas.spotify.com.
Can’t see your Canvas?
- You can add a Canvas on song versions you own the rights to
Tip: There may be multiple versions on Spotify (e.g. different versions across different regions, or explicit and clean versions)
- Canvas only shows on the Spotify mobile app
- Canvas works on these phones:
- iPhone: iOS 12 or above
- Android: Version 6.0, 7.0, or 8.0 or above
- Canvas doesn’t play if Data Saver is switched on in the Spotify app settings
- Check Canvas is switched on in Playback section of the Spotify app settingsCanvas is only available to listeners in these locations:
|Asia||Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam|
|Europe||Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom|
|North America||Canada, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, United States|
|South America||Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay|
|Oceania||Australia, New Zealand|
In case your songs are not on Spotify yet, please check our distribution service here!