Learn how to get your Video on VEVO. With more than 500,000 videos from artists of all levels and genres, Vevo maintains the largest network of music channels on YouTube, as well as distribution through a growing number of other global partners. For over a decade, fans have come to recognize the Vevo logo as a verified indicator of the premium, official content from the artists they are searching for and those they’ve yet to discover.
What is VEVO?
Vevo is the standard platform for video releases in the music industry. Vevo has Music Videos, Original series, Behind-the-scenes footage, Live performances, and interviews with artists.
Vevo is linked with YouTube, which enables videos from Vevo’s library to be searched on YouTube, allowing users to collect views from both platforms. Unlike normal youtube video uploads, on VEVO you can earn money per video stream, and we can collect this revenue for you!
1710Media can get your music video published on your existing channel in less than 6 hours, faster than any other! For Artists without official VEVO Channels, we first need to request and get your channel approved. New Channel can be created within 2-10 Days, depending on the time of request.
VEVO vs Youtube
One of the main advantages of having your music video on Vevo is that it has a higher payout than YouTube channels that monetize their videos. Also; YouTube is unlimited in terms of the type of video content on the platform. Vevo, on the other hand, is only intended for music content.
Your video will be placed on a VEVO branded artist YouTube channel. With your music video being a part of VEVO’s catalog, it has the potential to be placed on its YouTube featured playlists to get more exposure i.e. Vevo playlists.
Having a VEVO branded YouTube channel will also add some verification that you or your artist is on the same level as mainstream artists. Video content lives on the Vevo YouTube channel, Apple TV, Samsung TV, and every Vevo outlet.
If the artist already has a YouTube channel, we can request a new Vevo channel, which can be merged with your existing channel as an Official Artist Channel (or OAC). It will be marked as verified by the music note icon next to the channel name. All content uploaded to either channel will publicly display on the single OAC once the merge.
Where to watch VEVO?
Vevo is available on YouTube, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, Pluto TV, Vewd, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, NowTV, SkyQ, Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra, etc.
I already have a channel. Can I use it with you?
Yes. If you already have a channel, created by a record label or another distributor, we are capable of delivering videos to VEVO.
The channel belongs to the artist, not to the label or company who created it. This means that, if we create a channel for you, and in the future you sign a record deal with a label or change distributors, they will be able to send videos to the channel created by us.
We would get information and reports on the videos we administer, and the other labels/distributors would get information on the videos they administer.
Can I control my VEVO YouTube artist Channel?
No. VEVO channels do not work like regular YouTube channels. There is no login access per user. Channels are managed by VEVO personnel and we, distributors, only get access to a limited tool that allows us to upload videos and edit metadata.
There are no login credentials to access the channels. This applies not only to us, but to any distributors capable of delivering videos to VEVO.
1710Media can make changes and updates to your video and channel info on your behalf as an approved distributor. We can make changes to items like:
-Artist profile photo
-Social Media Links
All of these can be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do I get paid by vevo?
Sales are reported when we receive them and may take a few months to arrive. Our video Distribution clients have their videos monetized on VEVO, iTunes, Amazon, Facebook, and Tidal.
Any other channels that provide ad-based streams and/or royalties are accounted for. We payout royalties quarterly for partners that have reported. You get to retain 90%, we keep 10% of the total royalty generated. No threshold, we pay you no matter how little you earn.
Requirements for VEVO Distribution
Before you begin doing any submission, it is important that you know that we can only accept original video content and thus, your video can’t contain third-party content that you do not own. Here are the basic requirements to distribute your video;
- Must contain 100% original material (audio and visual).
- Must be professionally produced or have some production quality.
- Cannot contain full frontal nudity, explicit drug use or graphic violence.
- Cannot contain the release cover image.
- Your video cannot exceed 10 minutes.
- No logo or MTV style credits in the corners of the video.
In terms of the content of your music video, there are some DON’Ts as well. Please read this important list of items to not include in your music video.
- All videos need to only show the music video itself with no on screen distractions.
- NO URLs, hashtags, handles, dates, shoutouts or other promotional text on screen.
- NO burn in logos in corners of screens throughout the video.
- NO front / ending slates, title or end cards in video (white text on black screen).
- NO MTV style credits in corner of video.
- NO still image or blank screen in video, videos need to have active pixels.
- PR Photo and Banner submission
Your PR photo and banner image must be formatted as follows.
- Artist PR photo (it cannot be a logo or graphic, at least 2400px x 2400px at 72dpi, centered and some space from the edges).
- Artist Banner Image/Graphic: 2560 x 1440 px or 2560 x 423 px is recommended for a new YouTube Vevo channel in this size.
Technical Specifications for Vevo Video
This is one of the most important steps so please take a moment to read through all and, if all of the below is complicated or if you need any assistance terms of your own encoding efforts, feel free to contact us.
The higher the quality your submission the higher the quality the encode delivered to the iTunes and other partners. If your music video doesn’t meet all minimum specs, it will be delayed for delivery until the video is corrected. Please make sure your video meets guideline before moving forward.
TECHNICAL SPECS (AUDIO)
- Format: AAC
- Channels: Stereo
- Sample Rate: 44.100 KHZ
- Bit Rate: 320 kbps CBR
TECHNICAL SPECS (VIDEO)
- Compression Type: ProRes – Preferred for HD or H.264 – Also Acceptable
- File Format: .mov (ProRes) or .mp4 (H.264)
- Dimensions: At least 1280×720 (1920×1080 Preferred for HD)
- Frame Rate: Native (No less than 23.98 FPS)
- Bit Rate: Unrestricted (at least 150 mb/s is Preferred for HD, If H.264 at least 50mb/s)
- The video must be de-interlaced and be set up for multi-pass encoding
- NO frame re-ordering in your encoding settings
- The size of your video will be a large file due to the recommended bit rate and video format (H.264/ProRes).
- Please export all encodes using Compressor or Quicktime.
Follow the industry standard, Monetize your releases on Vevo. 1710Media can deliver the following types of Music Videos on Vevo; Official Music Videos, Lyrics Videos, Visualizers, Teasers, Live Performances, Movies/ Series, Music Documentary, Animated videos, etc.
Uploading your music video to Vevo through an official partner of the platform like 1710Media offers a great way to reach new fans, showcase your tracks in front of a worldwide audience and make some extra cash at the same time.
Release your video on Vevo. Vevo is the standard platform for video releases in the music industry.
- If you do not have a channel yet, we must first request one for you, free. Channels are for artists only (not labels) and must include the artist name followed by the word VEVO.
- We get Your Description, Story, Press Release, Lyrics, Social Links, Credits, etc under your video description.
- Through Vevo, your video will be available on; YouTube, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, Pluto TV, Vewd, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, NowTV, SkyQ, Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra, etc.
- Videos can include; Official Music Videos, Lyrics Videos, Visualizers, Teasers, Live Performances, Movie s/ Series, Music Documentary, Animated videos, etc.
- Monitor instant Trends via Customized Dashboard.
- 1 – 5 days delivery.
- Retain 90% of total earnings, every month. No Minimum threshold.